Saturday, June 3, 2006

Loss

Just came back from Jane's wake. A lot of TD members were there. My eyes were red when I saw her for the last time. Though we were not very close, I do feel a sense of loss somehow. It really is different if it is someone you know personally. Her accident happened in the early morning of 1st June. According to the family, she was pronounced dead at the scene. I dun know how I would feel if I was the one attended the call.

I remembered how sad and bothered 1 of my colleague was when his frend, also a paramedic lost his life. And of cos, I remembered Charlie's reaction to the news that his batch boy, Poh Chuan, one of the guy who was being murdered in Aus. He told me he needed to do some night driving. I was at a loss of how to comfort him.....

"Live the moment", something we should all learn to do. Appreciate the every second that you are in and savour the pure essence of just living in that moment. Be present. I think only then, will we be able to leave this world without regrets.

No comments: