Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Are You the One For Me?

Yo, reading this book by the same author Barbara De Angelis (Click on the Title for the link) Wah...like this book man. Basically guiding you or rather provide you the pointers to be in a healthy relationship, not a toxic one. To find the Right Partner for you... not just any partner.

It also discuss why we choose the people we love, avoiding who's wrong, marrying for the wrong reasons and even a compatibility formula! I will just list down 1 interesting part that most of us will be familiar with.

To be in a fulfilling relationship depends not only on LOVE. Okay, not too romantic if you think about it but not matter how much we deny, deep down we all know it requires much more than just love to maintain a relationship.

We all got our ideas of love and romance through novels, movies, songs etc etc. Sigh... how I wish my love life will be as romantic as in the movie or as sweet as in a song. However, Barbara believes that we do not make intelligent choices on love because we believe in the Deadly Myths about Love.

MYTH #1
TRUE LOVE CONQUERS ALL

MYTH #2
WHEN IT IS REALLY TRUE LOVE, YOU WILL KNOW THE MOMENT YOU MEET THE OTHER PERSON

MYTH #3
THERE IS ONLY 1 TRUE LOVE IN THE WORLD THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU

MYTH #4
THE PERFECT PARTNER WILL FULFILL YOU COMPLETELY IN EVERY WAY

MYTH#5
WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE POWERFUL SEXUAL CHEMISTRY WITH SOMEONE, IT MUST BE LOVE

Alright, I know you will not agree to some of the myths as it is pretty clear that there is no logic... for example #5. I'm sure most of us will not believe it. But I'm also pretty sure most of us hold and believe some from #1 to #4. Some people might argue that they are not myths, but the truth about love. Well, your life is yours and it is up to you how you want to live it. Nobody can change you if you do not want to change.

For myself, I think I fall for #1, 2 and 3. Haiz.... it is really scary to think that the beliefs you hold true to now is not the truth. I mean it is soooo romantic to believe what was written above, don't you agree? But I guess we have to come back to reality. And it is a bit scary...to tell the truth.

I decided to do the exercises in the book because I am committed to have a healthy and fulfilling relationship.



Of cos the main reason is "Because I'm worth it." *wink*

No comments: