Saturday, April 15, 2006

Take the Lead


Just watched the movie this afternoon. Wow! I love it!

Pierre Dulaine is a Manhattan ballroom teacher and competitor who volunteers his time to teach ballroom dancing to a group of New York inner city high school kids. Initially forced to participate as a form of detention, the kids reject Mr. Dulaine's efforts until his unwavering commitment and dedication finally inspires them to embrace the program, infusing it with their own unique hip-hop style while subconsciously learning valuable life lessons about pride, respect, self-esteem and honor.

I teared at the part when the 2 youngsters dance the Waltz. Really, the joy of just enjoying the dance, that you are oblivious to those around you....Sigh. How can I explain that feeling? Was really happy and glad I went for the show today. Thanks Rick!
Orgh.... it makes me wanna dance social and ballroom again. But I need to find a partner first. Who's willing?? :p
I really wan to make an effort to go for a dancing class... the fire inside just called out to me.
After the show, Mdm Ng called me regarding a performace in May. Can you believe it all happen at once? And Joan jio me to watch "Burn the Floor".... hahahah... what more can I ask for except to skip to the dance floor again.. *grin*
But had a unpleasent evening after that. Some stuff about work. Spoilt my mood.. *pout*. Talk to me straight. Dun pull ranks and name. I'm not threatened.. >:(

No comments: