Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Sue the Govt? Allergic to giam chai?

Eh, saw the article in The Newpaper. More and more individuals are suing the govt as this is the only way to gain compensation for injuries etc. It mentioned 2 cases whereby the mothers on behalf of the teens sued the govt for compension for their injuries. Okay, me too lazy to type out both, so I shall just mention 1. This mother is suing the teacher of neligence from the pri. school where the teen studied. During a toilet break given by the dance teacher, the child fell along the corridor due to the rushing and running of the rest of the children for the toilet. Because of this accident, this teen had shortening of one of his legs. Now the mother is suing the teacher (i.e govt) for not keeping an eye on the children and allowing them to run along the corridors. I mean duh? Come on, we all have been kids, do you listen to your teachers when they asked you not to run? How much can a teacher look out for all children granted they are so hyperactive and there were more than a few of them? I know,in US, you can sue the other party even when you are in the wrong. What is the world becoming? Well, maybe the perspective of the mass are changing, new ideas, new regulations, new social norm.... haizzz...

Guess there is really nothing you can do except to keep a open mind on how the society changes. Hey, I am doing the socialogy component of my degree.... hmm, shall think of more issues for my topics for TMAs... hee

Did not sleep well last nite cos my leg ached in the middle of the night. Mum said must be the "giam chai" (salted vegetable) that caused it as this has happened before. It has been a long time since I had this kinda aching of my knees... :( Imagine I am allergic to giam chai?!?! Tiano.....

No comments: