Saturday, February 18, 2006

Brain & Behaviour

Well, went for my 2nd lecture today.... talked abt brain and how it affects human behaviour. The frontal lobes of the cerebral cortex are responsible for our emotions, our personality etc and if it suffers some damaged or some changes, that may alter an indiviual's personality and his perception. So.... maybe I shan't be too persistant in retaining my personality. Maybe just like the teachings of 佛学

(extract of The Heart Sutra ) -
色不异空 空不异色色即是空
空即是色受想行识 亦复如是
.
.
.
.
.
不生不灭不垢不净
不增不减是故空中无色
无受想行识无眼耳鼻舌身意
无色声香味触法
无眼界 乃至无意识界
无无明 亦无无明尽
乃至无老死 亦无老死尽
无苦集灭道 无智亦无得 以无所得故

Nothing is really there...... However, it really really is difficult to practise it... :(

Enough of the spritual thingy.... back to hard science facts. Hmmm.... I'm gonna develop more interaction b/w my 2 hemispheres of brain. Used to be a very right-brained person, but after loads of practise, think I'm a much more balanced person now (I hope) Maybe that might change the way I do and percieve things. Am I ready for it?? Its the "identity crisis" again........ duhhhh

No comments: