Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What do you do when you get 2 broken hearts?

Got me thinking abt this topic this afternoon. There are a lot of singles ard me. My frends, myself etc. The reason we are single? See my prev post on "Confession of 300 unmarried man". So what if some of us are longing for that part of life? Is it really by choice that we choose to stay single? The main reason I heard from frends is that they have no faith in love/relationship, that, including myself. Some have been hurt before, some find it too troublesome, some haven found The One, some just stopped looking and let love find them.

Frankly speaking, ppl at my age dun view love relationship as simple as "I love you, You love me". We know things are more complicated than that and so...... we usually tread the path of love with extreme caution. Things to take into consideration are families, frends, values, personality, compatability. "can this person take me for what I am?", "can I be myself when I am with him/her?", "Will he/she able to take my nonsense in the long run? If can, how long before he/she will blow up and can't take it anymore?", " Will our feelings for each other change with time?", "Can I accept him/her everything, warts & all?", "Am I prepared to put in effort and sacrifice for this person?", "Change some of myself to make this person happy" . So many uncertainties..... so many fears....

I have this morbid thought, "If you are going to lose it, might as well not have it in the first place". Maybe we have seen too many bad examples ard us. So, how do you put 2 fragile hearts together? Both are so scared of getting hurt, none wanted to break the comfort level they are enjoying now. Its easy for us to say, aiyah, just try lor, dun try you never know.... but how many of us are really brave enough to take that first step? Not many I guess, not even me... Untill then, I think our govt still have much to convince us the benefit and joy of starting a family....

No comments: