Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Emotional Day

Today is quite an emotional day for me. Got me thinking abt lots of things..hee

Went to see "The devil wears Prada" and it triggers so many themes to think about. We have the theme of Work/ideals vs frendship/bgr, understanding between couples and the growing distance as we progress up the ladder. The theme of personification in order to maintain an image and how easy it is for ppl to loose themselves in search of their goals. Like what Meryl Streep said in the show "you made the choice". You choose what to do and you are in control... No excuses. :p

Maybe if I aren't so stuck up in my logic and beliefs and look beyond, me and Charlie would still be together. But I still belive things happen for a reason and this is a lesson for me to learn. Since my r/s all lasted pretty long and that my exs all tried to slavage the r/s, "I must have done something right" (Quote from the a/m show). Guess its just the balancing of the prev me and the new found me..... :) But I have yet to find a way to get an unpopular idea (especially something negative abt his tots or behaviour) without the men getting defensive. But I guess its natural to get defensive when someone says negative things abt you... *shrug*

Hmm.....noticed my tutor is always wearing blue checkered shirt, not the same one though. Haha. And my TMA02 is pretty exciting = more work. "Race serves as a basis for the distribution of social privileges and resources." Explain and illustrate... :(

Think I am more interested in Sociology then Psychology. Will have to really think abt what I want.... humph.

No comments: