Friday, October 6, 2006

戏如人生,人生如戏

Watching and chasing HK period drama " 金枝欲孽 ". Talks about the tricks the concubines used to vie being the emperor's favourite. So many themes and lessons for us. Sometimes we really cannot escape the condition "人在江湖,身不由己". One cannot be with their loved because of the situation their are in and because of the burden and responsiblilties that they must bear. Being silly and do all you can for the person you love but will never be. Maybe reading romance and watching too much soap operas makes my mind all mushy again... :p

“破釜沉舟” has always been my way of handling relationships. Maybe I am being too harsh on myself, or maybe I just want to be victimise. *shrug* Maybe there are better alternatives to problems, but I'm just too stubbon to see it. The courtesan in the show gave the following advise to one of the male leads, "Drinking to drown one's sorrow is justifiable. However to drink fast, get drunk fast, forget the trouble fast, is only temporary relief and the whole cycle begins again the next day. Plus, you are wasting the wine. To appreciate drinking as a therapy, you must drink slowing, allow the pain to penetrate you fully, then you will feel very tired, very drunk, you will forget and be well the next morning." I applaud these words. They are so true. To fully recover from the emotion, you have to savour it, have to feel it in your body before you can detach from it. Shall do tt the next time I decide to drown my sorrow.

No comments: