Thursday, July 27, 2006

Parenting

Played with little Jovan just now. He is soooo cute and nobody will believe how clever this little imp is. Haha....

I looked at his cute little face and a rush of emotions set upon me. On 1 hand, the little one is so innocent and just arrived in this big world for mere 4 months, on the other, this is only the begining of his long and tedious journey on this earth. I know it is inapproporate for me to write all these negative ideas when a few of my frends are newly appointed parents.

The heavy responsibility of parenting can never be stressed enough. Just look at my own mum for example. She complained about worrying for us even up till now. A parent just can stand aside and not lend a helping hand when the child needs help. To the extent that the children's problems become theirs when the children themselves do not want to face it. We have been taking our parents for granted. Like my sis, mum has to help look after the kid while the parents are more concern about their own leisure. We children had been short-charging our mum. I feel ashamed of myself. :(

Because of my sis situation, I am in a depressed and negative mood again. When I look at Jovan, I can just imagine the challenges ahead of him. Growing up pains. All family has them. Growing up is really tiring and scary. We all have sad stories to tell when we were growing up. Some past are so painful that they are better stored at the very back of the mind.

With the problem now between my sis and her husband and her mother-in-law, I really cannot see the future for them. I look at the way my bro-in-law and his mother treat my sis and mum, I am really stuck for words. I dun know how my sis is gonna survive this marriage. Why can't he treat her and us nicer? Did he really have an agenda to take advantage of us? Why is my sis so muddle as to get herself into all sorts of trouble? When will she ever learn?? That is why my mum is so frustrated, my sis problem and happiness has become her problem now (and mine).... shit.

Maybe not having any children is the correct choice.....

No comments: