Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dun know what I am feeling...

Duh, supposed to write this after my day duty 2 days ago. But I was feeling bad and lazy..... Felt miserable when I went for my last day duty. Dun ask me the reason.. I dun know. I was sulking all the way in firepost. Brought my laptop along to do my TMA but the bag was never opened. Busy day too... din have the time to key in my case records... :(

Had a patient that day. Chief complain was shortness of breath. Medical history is only diabetics. But when I arrived at scene, he was already diaphoretic (drenched in cold sweat). Wah, faster load him into the ambulance and monitor him. His heartbeat was very fast and the oxygen in his blood was very low, his condition was pretty bad. Just before we turned into the A&E, his pulse rate suddenly fluctuate greatly. I was so scared that I immediately prepared my defib pad by the side just in case I need it. And guess what? He went into VF (venticular fibrillation, a shockable rythm) after I unloaded him and on our way into the resucitation room! I shouted "VF!!" and the doctors and nurses all went into action. Managed to get the patient back, thank goodness! I only realised my legs were shaking when I was at the counter doing the registration.....the autonomic system really prep you for "fight and flight" man.. -_-"

But still feel sian the whole day.......zzzzzzz

No comments: