Saturday, June 30, 2007

Expectations

Went for the complimantry Personal Training session with a PT at CFC. Did the body content check, eh, I need to get rid of the excess fats ard my tummy.. heh. The rest of my body is just to build up muscle mass. Wah, my ideal weight is supposed to be 53.4kg leh. Of cos, mostly of muscle. So gotta push myself forward for better stamina, toner body and my ideal PR of < 70! Then gotta strengthen my knee muscle also cos of my injury. *Sob sob* how come I can increase 3kg without me knowing leh? Duh.....

While training and in steam bath, me got thinking again. Men used to (or still secretly hoping) that women will be sweet, loving, understanding, know when to be demure and when to be independent. When to come and offer co. or went to leave them alone. To share the burden of supporting the family, to take care of them like their mother (minus the nagging), take good care of the kids (plus the parents) and last but not least, able to satisfy them in the bedroom. Thank God that men finally came to realise their wives are not wonderwoman or freaks with numerous tentacles...-_-" and so they lowered their expectations (anyone not doing will be labled as MCP...hahaha) and even help ard the house. However, it seems like women nowadays are the ones having higher expectations. We expect our men to help with the housework and kids. Bring back the dough and to still have energy to show us T.L.C. Of cos not forgetting always getting them into the fix of guessing what is the real thing or action we want from them. Expecting them to read our minds.... Is that too much to ask for?

I guess each couple will have to find their comfortable and balancing point in order for the partnership to work. Communication is very very important. Do tell your partner what is that you need, what is that you feel and how he/she can make you feel better. If your partner loves you, they will definately make concessions and address your concerns. Marriage and relationship has to be build o mutual trust and respect and not taking each other for granted. Easily said, but how many of use fall into the trap ourselves? I dun know, by giving and not expecting anything in return... is this true love or unhealthy love? *shrug* I guess depends if you are with the old school of thoughts or the "instant glorification" generation bah.... think abt it. Where do you fall in? *wink*

HORROR!!! Its mid year already! Damn.... time really flies man....

No comments: