Saturday, April 30, 2005

Nice guys vs Jerks

Hmm..... just finished making the konnyuka jelly for tomorrow's outing. Will be making the salad tomorrow morning. :)

Yo, come back to the topic of this entry.Happened to chance upon this website on attracting women. (Cannot post the URL here in case you guys out there know all the secrets. Heeee...) And there is this age old debate of "Why do Nice Guys end up Last?" At my age ar, we are all pretty open abt our views and there is no need to hide or act that we dun know anything abt that. In fact, I had discussions such as these with my guy friends and they are pretty honest abt the whole thing. Myself included.

One of friend told me he fell out of love cos the ger commented that he is too easy to get, if he "hang himself to sell" maybe she will love him more.... Duh? How do you explain this logic??? Personally, I do not agree with the ger, however, maybe I can explain this logic. Not that gers like jerks, but gers dun like wimpy guys, guys that have low-self esteem and seems needy. We dun need that. We want someone whom we can respect and relied on. Someone who can protect us and make us feel safe and secure. We also want guys who are tender and give us special attention. Attention that we know we are the privilaged ones who recieves it. Someone with confidence. But that is not the whole story....(see, told you humans are greedy animals), we also want to be the one that you would turn to when you are in trouble or when you need support. That will ensure we have a special place in your heart. (I know, I know, we are being very greedy, but whos not? So it brings back to my idea "Humans Are Greedy" heh...) Anyway, when a couple is in a r/s, it should be one of mutual respect, mutual understanding and mutual support. If you are not ready for all these, you are not ready for a long-term r/s.

We dun want jerks! We dun need ppl to 2-time us, beat us up or treat us like dirt! We have more dignity than that. Just like you guys would prefer gers who know when to be demure and supportive or to be decisive and have character, we would like guys to know when to be tender and gentle or confident and take charge.

So..... pls dun mistaken us as preferring jerks to Nice guys. We do appreciate Nice Guys who are confident and know when to show your vunerability to us...*wink*

*Pls note that the above are purely my personal views (although I would say most gers would agree with me v^_^) . Gers pls dun humptum me for disclosing the secrets wor.... :p

No comments: