Tuesday, June 28, 2005

BGR

Friends have been commenting that most of my entries are on relationships, well, my only area of concern at the present moment is BGR, of cos my posts centered ard the topic mah.. :p

Saw a newspaper article the other day. It is on the emergence of travelling trips catered for the singles. Hmm.... I think it is a very good idea wor. Since a big chunk of the spending cohort are young, single professionals, with lots of $$ on hand to spend. No commitments, are open to meeting other people and new sports or activities. Most of those trips are the more adventurous ones like hiking, tracking, diving etc. Haaa... but the catch is, you have to be single in order to join the group. Heee.. maybe me and a few single friends can join this kinda tour groups hor :D Clever minds of the business men. Gee.... hope I do have the eye for these kinda money making ideas if I want to run my own biz again... :p

The govt has been worrying that s'poren women are being left on the shelves especially those with tertiary education. And there are indeed some women who set their expectations too high for their counterparts liao, or are they? A survey done by one of the leading female magazine shows that 48% of the women interviewed agreed that we are too independent for our own good and men are intimidated by us while the rest think that we dun need men's approval. Well, studies and surveys have shown that s'porean men also find it stressful having a local gerfrend as their expectations are higher and the men have to keep on improving in order to satisfy them. Hmm..... like I always said, humans are a greedy lot of animals..... we like to have the best of both worlds, we want to be independent yet we want someone superior than us to look up to.....haizz... talk abt humans and their expectations. Maybe it is just us metropolitans, cos I was discussing with Viz that ppl were simplier then if the lifestyle is more laid back. Those ppl in the past have lower expectations and they are very contented with just marrying the Ah Niu Ge from the next village....hahahha...

Aiyah, dun think so much lar, I am happy now as a swinging single, gotta enjoy my singlehood first..... :p

No comments: