Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Fever Day

Can you imagine how many fever cases we had today?? Hmm... let me count, its 4 outta 8... that's 50%!! And not only my side. Meet Qi at NUH just now and guess what? She just conveyed a fever patient too.... hmmm... today good day for fever?? *scratch head*

Wasn't very happy with my first case this morn. He was( I used "was" because he is already dead) a COPD patient and had shortness of breath since yesterday. He was able to respond to me when we arrived at his house. But enroute, his condition worsen and we called for a standby. He didn't respond like he used to and I got worried. Somemore his SPO2 level was less than 50% and we bagged him all the way... I was like.. he was a COPD patient, and I dun want to cut off his breathing by giving him too much oxygen... haizzz... SAD! And the best thing was when we sent him to the resus, the doctor told me that the patient actually signed a letter to be refused to be resucitate. I was like huh? And when we went back to the hospital in the evening, we were told he was dead......... haizzzz... I wonder.. would I do that when I have lots of illness when I old? Maybe, you will feel like a burdun to your kids and you have to suffer so much pain and such... :( I think the only thing that will make me change my mind is that I dun want to part with my partner bah..wahahahaa.. that is if I have 1. :p

Tt's all for my calls today.... see whether later I game to write another entry not... bye bye.

No comments: