Monday, July 11, 2005

Tots I

Okie, few topics I would like to touch on.

LAST DUTY

Sometimes, you just can't say things too fast. I just commented I had quite a good nite duty the day before rite? And guess what? I had 6 calls last night and out of those 4 were assault case, most were employment pass holder.. *rolleyes* 1 fall from height... fell flat down... can't even see her face.... But the case I wanna bring up is the case whereby this patient compliant of diarrhoea and vomitting, only started 45mins before we arrived. No shortness of breath, no chest pain. No med history except slight hypertension. Vomitted en-route to hospital and know what the staff nurse told us when we conveyed the next patient to the hospital? That patient went into VF and they managed to shock him back to life!! Damn lucky siah, can you imagine if he collapse in the ambulance? You won't suspect a heart attack since everything looks normal, even his vital stats...

My PM was telling me, lucky we got there on time, imagine if they had called later, if we were out for an non-emergency call and another ambulance had to be dispatch from a further location.... things might not be so well for the patient liao...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creativity

Well, in our organisation, we have to participate in this program called "Stuff Suggestion Scheme" SSS for short. Each of the employees will have to think of 4 SSS suggestions to improve our work environment. Duhzz... I mean yeah, its good that we are all being asked to think of something to improve the work environment or efficiency, but pressurising the staffs to die die come up with 4 SSS is killing our creativity rather than encouraging it lor..

If you would notice, brillant ideas will come to you when you least expected it, like when you are lazing ard, in the toliet or in my case, bathing... Making your employees to think of creative suggestions out of the blue within a given time frame will not produce good results. We are not like creative directors, who need new ideas in order to keep their rice bowls. And the fact that I'm bitching abt this is because I hate squeezing ideas within a given time frame without much support!!

Just like our government, they have produced a generation of followers, who only throw out model answers without much creativity... and now they want the same batch of ppl to be creative! How in the world can you expect a change overnite??? I used to be very creative in poems and words. But ask me to think of one now, I can tell you it will take me 10 times the duration than before. With all the bustling activites, with all the quest of high quality living.... the luxury of enjoying that piece of tranquality, will only be available to youngsters....

Wanted to write some more.... but a bit tired liao. Continue tomorrow bah... *lights off*

No comments: