Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Operation

Hiya, did my first eye today. Eh, a bit uncomfortable and blur vision due to the dilation of the pupils and the swelling of the cornea. :( Will diligently apply all the eyedrops cos you have only a pair of eyes and I am not going to mess around it with it... :)

Haizz, now I can only wait for the vision to clear up before I can really see without glasses for my left eye. Will be doing my right eye tomorrow. Hope no complications crops up and my eye can heal asap... :)

Hmm... maybe I can share the experince. I arrived at SNEC at 1100hrs, the nurse then put the eyedrops for dilation of my pupils to prep the eye for the surgery. Waited 45mins for the medicine to take effect. Went for a check, pupils not dilated enough, more eyedrops and waiting. The nurse response was so funni "Wah, dilated so big ar? " heeee... Next is to wait for my doc to operate on me. I was asked to lie on the bed while the doc placed the machine above my head to determine the position of the laser light. My lids were secured to prevent me from blinking and then my cornea was cut and flipped back... eh... sounds scary hor?? Luckily my eye was under anesthesia so no pain, justa bit of pressure. Then everything was blur and I can see the red laser light and burning smell..... yucks... a bit scary come to think of it.... *shiver* Then it is flushing of the eye with sterile water before flipping back the cornea into position. There is something I must declare, the cut is only a small portion, necessary just for the surgery, not the whole thing so dun get the wrong idea..... :p The it is back to rest for 30 mins before the doc checked me and gave the green light to go home. Eh..... the burnt smell still hunts me leh... how ar?? Have to overcome bah..... :(

Okie, so now I am back home, diligently applying eyedrops. Eh... vision supposed to clear in a few hours time.... will update again..... :)

No comments: