Monday, August 8, 2005

Updates/ Happy Birthday Singapore

Okie, haven been writing for the past few days... hmm... let me see. Okie, met up with a frend on Fri and guess what?? I spent money again, this time on a blusher and eyeshowdow from Red Earth. How come I always spend money went I go shopping with him???? The last time I bought 2 tees while out with him to... hump...

But okay lar, the colors looks nice on me. :p Then I also bought a pair of white pants from U2 on Sat before heading for my sis bday chalet. Hahahah... there is no need for any reason when a woman wants to shop... :p

Sis chalet was okay, most are her frends and I dun know them anyway. But just be there for her bday lor.

Then yesterday went to Kallang Bahru to help distribute the first iad boxes for the single elderly and to demostrate on how to use the items in the box. Too nervous, my cantonese 1 piece 1 piece de.... :p But bottomline they understand can liao...heee. Its been quite a while since I did volunteer work, good to get back to it again :)

Haa....went to Mdm Wong yesterday with Charlie. Finally!! After abt what..... 8 mths?? Haa.... really very happy, can dance again! YEAH! Hmmm.... saw 2 bartop dancers yesterday nite. Hope to see sis perform 1 day. Maybe I can ask her to get me in to moonlight? Whahahaha..... think my thigh too fat liao, patrons vomitted not cos of the alcohol but....... then my poor collegues will get a call sheet "case of someone fainted due to a scary sight". Whatsmore its the 7th month of the lunar calendar! Haaa.... This reminds me of a ger I saw yesterday at MW. She was long-haired, wore a dress and the way she danced and swing her head/hair, under that kinda lighting was like..... was her head intact????

Then today went our and study with Tammy. Joyce was busy at the marina introducing the new ambulance to our fellow countrymen. And pengkanging there too.....wahahaha... :p She brought along the fireman jacket that I wanted all along for me and Tammy when we met just now! Wow! Huggzzzz..... thanks Qi! I really liked that jacket.... *beaming*

Tomorrow is our nation's 40th Birthday. I was on MRT the other day when it suddenly striked me real hard, the slogan "Singapore, my home". It occured to me that YES! Singapore is my home, where I belong and where I can always comes back to no matter where I go. Its not perfect and the govt might not be the best. But whatever, they still want the best for its people and if we dun protect our HOME, then who does? Oh shit! All those Duty, Honour, Country thingy are flooding back to me liao! Sigh.... the feeling of fighting for the country.... you can never feel the adrenaline rush if you never feel it. How can I describe? Nvm... its always the feelings that you can put down in words that got you real deep and hard.. :)

Well, you might think its very naive of me to talk abt protecting Singapore, fighting for her and such. Some ppl will think that Singapore won't go to war and that if anything happens, migrating is the way. Maybe.... *shrug* Each for his own. Maybe for me, my existence is not that important anyway, so dying for a good cause will at least makes me feel useful.......

Anyway, its not a very easy road for Singapore to come such long way since our independance and we should really be thankful for all the peace and prosperity that we are enjoying now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE! Many more happy returns to come! :)

No comments: